Saturday, January 9, 2010

Muhahahahaha!

Well, I'm back. It's been a long and fruitless hiatus, and I'm looking forward to writing more and reading more. Actually, I've been reading an awful lot since I last posted on this blog. One of the authors that I've been reading was suggested to me by my dear friends Ali and Jenny. Christopher Moore. I love you my darling, darling man. As you know, I'm a fan of sarcasm, and Moore has it in spades.

I've read most of his books. (Right now, I'm working on Bloodsucking Fiends and I have yet to read Fool and The Stupidist Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror.) I think that Moore speaks not only to my angry-people are stupid-life is a giant joke side, but to my whimsical-magic is out there side. And he does it so well. Thank you, Ali and Jenny.

I've also become a fan of Phillipa Gregory's series about the women involved with the Tudor reign. Full of sex and violence and little known facts about the royal line, these stories are fictions that are completely believable.

Tracy Chevalier is another author I've picked up. I like that she takes artwork and creates a story based on it. A couple of her books don't follow this line, but they're still a pretty good read.

Throughout the year, I've also expanded my reading in the fantasy genre. I fell in love with Anne Bishop and Brent Weeks. Neither is extremely prolific. Though Bishop writes more than Weeks. (In fact, Weeks has only 3 books out.) But I've decided that they are both now on my list of authors I check for every time I go into Barnes and Noble.

I've also found some guilty pleasure reading in Jim Butcher's Dresden files. I know, I know. Not a very literary writer, but I've developed a taste for his Maltese Falcon meets "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" style. Just pure fun, schlock reading.

Well, that's my little re-introduction. I hope to keep our meetings here more frequent, because I know how you are all dying to know how my life is going.

1 comment:

The One and Only John said...

Tagged you here:
http://theallthinking.blogspot.com/